Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sarasota Lace



I’m headed to Sarasota, Florida tomorrow. On Saturday and Sunday, I’ll be teaching some spinning workshops for the Manasota Weavers Guild. And, I’ve scheduled a few extra days so that I can visit with friends and soak in some warm weather.

As with any trip, it’s important to take just the right knitting project along. For this trip, I’m taking a scarf that I started knitting last night. The yarn is one that I spun from silk “hankies”. I have about an ounce of yarn; less than 200 yards. So, this scarf will be small.

I selected a lace pattern from one of my favorite knitting books, Knitting Lace, by Susanna E. Lewis. It’s a zigzag lace that’s part of pattern #52. Even though the pattern repeat is only 4 stitches and 8 rows, it is requiring a bit of attention to knit. There are decreases on both the right side and the wrong side of the fabric. I suspect there will be challenges if/when I need to correct any mistakes. For now, this petite project seems perfect for a February trip to Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment