Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Delay



Beautiful, isn’t it? I love winter. I really do. And today’s weather is beautiful. But quite inconvenient!

Right now, I should be on a flight to Sarasota, Florida. That flight was cancelled due to the winter storm that is hitting us. So, instead, I’m scheduled to fly out very early tomorrow morning.

In Sarasota, I’ll be teaching two days of spinning workshops (Plying for Texture, Spinning With Silk Hankies, and Spinning With Commercial Yarns) for the Manasota Weavers Guild
. This will be my second visit to this wonderful guild. I was there last year in February. My flight was delayed then too, but I still made it on the scheduled day….even though my luggage did not!

At least I mailed supplies and handouts two weeks ago, so I don’t have to worry about that stuff getting there!

The storm warning is supposed to expire by 7pm today. I am hopeful that the roads (and skies) will be clear in the morning.

What to do with today? Knit and spin, of course! Re-pack my luggage, and re-set the alarm clock. Here we go….

No comments:

Post a Comment