Sunday, August 12, 2012

MFF and More!


The countdown begins!  The Michigan Fiber Festival  is next week, and I still have a lot of preparation to complete.  I have so many hand spun and hand knitted samples that I want to bring; I need to start gathering them up.  And I need to make sure that I have enough supplies for each class.  And I still need to put the finishing touches on the handouts for the “Spinning with Locks” workshop.  And I can’t decide which wheel(s) to bring with me.

And, I need a pound of pencil roving for my “Beginning Spinning at the Wheel” workshop on Wednesday.  Does anyone have any that they can get to me for my Wednesday class?

I don’t think I’m going to need coffee to keep me revved up for the next few days….

I really look forward to the Festival.  I get to see fiber friends, I get to teach enthusiastic people, I get to fondle and buy fabulous fiber.  Best of all, it looks like it’s going to NOT be painfully hot and humid for the festival.  Fantastic!

Here’s the …And More!

The folks who organize the Festival have also organized a new fiber event:  the Michigan Fiber Arts Symposium

It’s going to be held in Kalamazoo at the Radisson Plaza Hotel, March 22-24, 2013.  There will be three days of workshops.  Maggie Jackson is the keynote speaker at a Saturday night banquet.  I’ve been asked to teach, so I’ll be there.  Other instructors include:  Annie Modesitt, Nancy Shroyer, Suzanne Higgs, Stafania Issacson, Julia Leos, Suzanne Pufpaff, Maggie Jackson, Carol Wagner, and Ann Niemi.

March is a great time for a weekend getaway of fiber action.  Be sure to put this event on your calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment