Monday, January 18, 2016

Change of February Plans

I was going to make this blog post about the workshops I’m teaching in February. Change of plans.

Last fall, the Michigan Fiber Festival started a year-round fiber arts education program  so that workshops could be offered at their new headquarters in Nashville, Michigan. I was very excited that they wanted me to teach both spinning and knitting workshops over several days in February.

I found out earlier today that those workshops have been cancelled due to lack of enrollment. Bummer. Now I need to rethink my February. I had rather counted on the income from teaching those workshops. I will have to tighten an already tight belt for this winter.

What can I do to make some February income sufficient for rent, groceries, gas, and bills? Well, if you know of a group that would like to take any of my workshops, I’d be happy to oblige. Even in winter weather, I’m willing to drive to a venue to teach. I’d also be happy to have a small group of folks over to my house in Lake Ann, Michigan for a workshop. You can find descriptions of my workshops on my website. Or, if you have a spinning or knitting topic that you’d like me to cover, let me know. Contact me at atyler@centurytel.net.

Cold, snowy days in February might just be perfect for me to get some long ignored knitting pattern writing done. I’ve got a shawl pattern, an afghan pattern, and four (four!) sock patterns that I’ve worked out, but I just need to get good photos and write up those pesky patterns.

Then I’ll be able to add those patterns to the 15 patterns I already have for sale on Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment