Monday, April 16, 2018

Nobody's Perfect


I couldn’t be more pleased that there are two of my articles in the Spring 2018 issue of Spin Off magazine. My “Energized Cinder Blocks Cowl” is a featured project. And there’s my article, “3-D Effects with Energized Singles”.



I have truly enjoyed writing articles for Spin Off, ever since my first article was published in 2006 (“A Study in Zig. Six Energized-Singles Scarves” Spin Off, Spring 2006, pp58-64). I’m mean, who doesn’t like seeing their writing in print?

This time, however, there were some minor mistakes in the editing of a photo caption that resulted in a confusing explanation of my intentions. So, Anne Merrow, the editor of Spin Off graciously fixed those errors and made the revisions available on line for free. Thank you, Anne, and all of your editorial staff for your good work.

Click here to see my “7 tips for knitting with energized yarns”.

Click here to see the corrected version of my article, “3-D Effects with Energized Singles”.

Click here to see the charts for all the stitch patterns in my swatches.

Click here to purchase a copy of the Spring 2018 issue of Spin Off.

On that last "click here" you might also notice that I’ve got an article in the Winter 2017-2018 issue of Spin Off: “Mittens from the Mitten State”. And those mittens are on the cover!


I know it’s mid April, but here in northern Michigan, we are still experiencing winter, so I’ve been able to make good use of those mittens. They are sweet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment