Friday, January 21, 2011

I've Got an Inkle-ing


About two years ago, I bought an inkle loom. A Schacht inkle loom. Before that purchase I would say, “I’m not a weaver…yet.” Now, I guess I’m a weaver. I got some wonderful basic instruction from my friend Marty F. And I purchased and perused two books on Inkle weaving: Inkle Weaving, by Helene Bress; and Inkle, by Evelyn Neher.

Thus instructed, I set out to make some inkle bands. My goal was – and still is – to make a series of dog leashes from my inkle bands.

I enthusiastically wove some bands, then, as can happen, I let my inkle loom languish as I turned my attention to other fiber endeavors.

Last Sunday, however, I couldn’t stand looking at the partially finished band on the loom any longer! I finished the band, and I warped the loom for another band – which I actually finished the following day!

Here’s a picture of some of the inkle bands I’ve woven.


I hereby resolve to try to weave one band a week. (I wonder how long that will last…..)

1 comment:

  1. Nice! The great thing about an inkle loom is that you can start and finish a project in a day, so one a week should be no problem.
    Have fun!
    ~Annie www.ASpinnerWeaver.com

    ReplyDelete