Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Warm Up!

I do love winter. I love snow. I love to bundle up and go for a good long walk when it’s 20degF outside. Invigorating!


I may like cold weather, but I don’t like to be cold. So, any opportunity to warm up during winter is a golden opportunity.

One such golden opportunity is fast approaching. In early February, I will be headed to Mishicot, Wisconsin to teach some workshops at the fiber thing’s Winter Weekend Warm-Up
. I get to teach “Plying for Texture”, “Plying Balanced Yarns”, and “Variations on Long Draw”.


Other instructors include Carol Rhoades, Sandy Bulgrin, Stefania Isaacson, Liz Sutter, Julie Sonnenberg, and Carol Brodtke.

And workshop topics include basketry, spinning, knitting, kumihimo, dyeing, and soap making.

I can hardly wait! Not only do I get to attend and teach, but I also get to drive around Lake Michigan, through the Upper Peninsula in February! Woo Hoo! I am very happy that my car has all-wheel drive and excellent snow tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment