Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lots of Lambs


On my return trip from Wisconsin I made a brief stop at Hidden Valley Farm & Woolen Mill. Carol and Paul Wagner run the joint (see my blog entry about this marvelous place September 14, 2010).

They raise Coopworth sheep. Lots of them. And now is the height of lambing season. I arrived just minutes after one lamb was born. What an amazing sight!



Because the weather was still on the cold side all the lambs were in the barn, making photo taking (with my wimpy camera) a bit of a challenge. I wish more pictures had turned out, but here, at least, is one sweet pic:



1 comment:

  1. Carol is a great spinning friend but I have never had the pleasure of visiting their place in Wisconsin...Doesn't she have the most amazing fibers?!? You must have enjoyed your visit very much...

    ReplyDelete