Thursday, April 14, 2016

Used Bosworth Journey Wheel for Sale

I am helping a friend sell one of her many spinning wheels. It is a Journey Wheel, made by Jonathan Bosworth. This unique wheel folds into its own box. Folded up for travel, its dimensions are 14" x 16" x 7". Open for spinning, it is 32” tall, with the orifice at 29” from floor. It weighs about 15 lbs.

It has a carrying strap and a fabric travel cover. She bought it new in 2012. It’s made of beautiful cherry wood. It comes with 5 bobbins. There are 4 drive ratios on this wheel. It’s double treadle, scotch tension, with a special u-shape orifice, so no orifice hook is necessary.
 
Here are pictures of the wheel:
 

 
You can find information about this wheel (including manual) here: http://journeywheel.com/journey-wheels.html

This is a gorgeous wheel in excellent condition. My friend is selling it because she has several wheels and this one is not getting the attention it deserves. I’ve spun on it, and it works great. It treadles very smoothly.

Mr. Bosworth is not currently taking any orders for this wheel. When my friend bought it she paid $1810 plus shipping. I have noticed on the website that the extra bobbins and scotch tension currently cost more than my friend paid. Asking price is $1750. I’d rather not ship this wheel, but if I did, the buyer would cover packaging, shipping (USPS Priority), and insurance costs. I am willing to drive a bit to deliver or meet. I live in Lake Ann, MI. Zip 49650. Interested? Contact me: atyler@centurytel.net

No comments:

Post a Comment