Sunday, May 29, 2011

Distraction


May is a month of distraction. Although I am getting some knitting and spinning done, it’s not nearly as much as I would like. I’m too distracted by Spring.

Spring arrived late, and very slowly, this year. But its tardiness has been outweighed by its lavish verdure. I enjoyed daffodil blooms for nearly a month. Here’s a picture of some of the last to bloom.



My rhubarb plants have provided me with a bumper crop. I’ve already baked two pies and one cake. I plan to bake another cake tomorrow.


This little plant, a “Lewisia” has been right at my front door for a couple years. Aren’t the flowers sweet?


I have three large chives plants in my back yard herb garden. I try to keep the flowers trimmed from them so that I can harvest chives all summer. Last year, I put a few chives plants into one of the flower beds in the front yard. I will let them bloom and enjoy the lovely flowers there.


Late last summer I put in a plant called “Speedwell”. It didn’t do much then, but this spring it has begun blooming, and I am lovin’ it!


Each day I find new treasures and surprises in the garden. Ah, May!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes, 'tis lovely. We need to cut ourselves a little slack this beautiful time of year and soak it all in!

    ReplyDelete