Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lizzy and Lacy and Lucy! Oh, My!




The UPS guy stopped by yesterday with three recently shorn fleeces for me. I got these fleeces from Marie Glaesemann (Church Road Farm). She raises sheep near Duluth, Minnesota. And her fleeces are wonderfully clean, well skirted, and well shorn. I’ve gotten fleeces from her every year for the past four years. This year, I got Lucy’s fleece (the third year in a row), and Lacy’s fleece (for the second time), and Lizzy’s fleece (for the first time).

Lucy is a Romney/Corriedale by Romney/Border Leicester cross.


Lacy is also Romney/Corriedale by Romney/Border Leicester cross.


Lizzy is a one-year old that is Romney/Corriedale/Suffolk by Ile-de-France cross.


My plan is to do a quick pick-over of these fleeces, and take Lucy and Lacy up to Stonehedge Fiber Mill for processing into roving. I think I’ll wash and card Lizzy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment