Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Festivals on Parade


Lots of links today. The fiber festival season is well under way. Here are a few in my future:

Fiber Arts Festival at Castle Farms
in Charlevoix, Michigan, July 23-24. This festival has about 50 vendors, live animals, food, and various demonstrations; all at a beautiful venue! No workshops, however, so I’ll be attending as just a visitor/shopper.

Michigan Fiber Festival
in Allegan, Michigan, August 19-21. One of the larger festivals in the midwest, with fiber arts workshops beginning on the Wednesday (Aug 17) before the festival opens to the public. I’m teaching workshops Wednesday through Friday. See the MFF blog for details and pictures of a number of instructors.

Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival
in Jefferson, Wisconsin, September 9-11. This is a robust and growing event that is celebrating its 10th Anniversary this year. There are loads of vendors and everything lamb & sheep under the sun. I’m scheduled to teach all three days, and I really look forward to it!

Northern Michigan Lamb & Wool Festival
in West Branch, Michigan, September 24-25. Small by comparison to MFF and WSWF, this event is well known for its shearing school. This year there will be about 50 vendors. And the weather is often absolutely delightful at the end of September. I do love the Ogemaw county fairgrounds.

NYS Sheep & Wool Festival
in Rhinebeck, New York, October 15-16. One of the largest fiber festivals in the country, “Rhinebeck” (as it is typically called) is a hoppin’ event! This will be my third year teaching there. Workshops start on Thursday, October 13 and go through Sunday, October 16.

Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair
in Fletcher, North Carolina, October 21-23. A new festival for me. I’ll be driving from Michigan to Rhinebeck, then straight to North Carolina. It’ll be my longest fiber road trip yet. If you’ve attended, I’d love to hear your impressions or tips. One really nice thing about my upcoming October travels is that I’ll get to see fall colors here in northern Michigan, then in New York, and then again in North Carolina. Color, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment