Thursday, December 5, 2013

Spring Retreat and Summer Festival, Michigan Style

Last week I got my contract to teach at the Michigan Fiber Festival, August 13-17, 2014. This will be my eighth year of teaching at this delightful Michigan event. I can hardly wait!

I’m scheduled to teach Creating the Yarn You Want, Mechanics of Your Wheel, I Heart Duplicate Stitch, Beginning Spinning on the Wheel, Seams to Be, and The Surprising Yarn-Over. Wednesday through Saturday. So, I’ll have time to shop and sight see on Sunday.

The festival’s website does not have the full line-up of workshops listed yet; that information ought to be available by April 1. If you are interested in knowing a bit more about my workshops, you can read all my workshop descriptions on my website.

In the meantime, Michigan Fiber Festival, Inc is also hosting a Spring Retreat. And I’ll be teaching at that event too. I’m scheduled to teach Pull, Pleat, Curl and Bias, and Spinning & Knitting Goat Fibers. Other instructors include: Suzanne Higgs (felting), Ann Niemi (weaving), and Patsy Zawistoski (spinning). This retreat will be held at the Pierce Cedar Creek Institute in Hastings, Michigan, Saturday and Sunday, March 29-30, 2014. This is a small event, allowing a maximum of 40 participants. Registration is open now.


Michigan is a good place for fiber action!

No comments:

Post a Comment