Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sylvia's "Sylvia", Part 2

I finished combing the CVM lamb wool (“Sylvia”) on Thursday. A lovely rainbow of greys! The fiber was fairly easy to comb. If I were to do it again, however, I would be more meticulous about opening up the tips of the locks before washing the fleece. More opened tips would have made the combing even easier.

As it turned out, I lost about 50% by weight: I had started with 6 ounces of raw wool, and I ended up with 3 ounces of clean and combed wool.

Here’s a picture I took yesterday:

The next step is to create a variegated blend with my Deb’s Deluxe drum carder. I’ll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment