Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rare Threads


I just met with Sylvia Walworth in Traverse City to deliver my wall hanging, “Petosegay – Sunbeams of Promise” (see my blog entry June 30, 2010
). She is one of the organizers of the upcoming fiber arts show, “Rare Threads – Eclectic Meanderings”.

This juried show will be held at the Jordan River Arts Council building in East Jordan, Michigan. There is an opening reception Sunday, October 3, 1-4pm. The show then runs October 3 through November 12, 2010.




In conjunction with this show, the Jordan River Arts Council
is sponsoring a number of fiber arts workshops. Topics include batik, shibori, porcupine quillwork, beading, knitting, and others. You can check their website for details on these workshops.

I’m thrilled that my wall hanging was accepted to this show, and I do look forward to seeing all the other wonderful fiber art on exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment