Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Treats for Teachers


An apple for the teacher. A sweet, kind gift to show gratitude and admiration.

I sometimes get “apples” from students in my workshops. It always surprises me. It always delights me. And it makes me think I must be doing something right!

One such gift I received recently was a charming piggy bank. Not just any piggy bank! This one is meant for fiber fiends. One of the folks who was in my beginning spinning workshop at the Michigan Fiber Festival gave it to me. I was so stunned by the gesture that I failed to note who exactly gave it to me. (How rude!) If anyone reading this blog knows the culprit, tell me. I really must send her a proper thank-you.



I began putting coins in this fountain right away. When it’s full, I will spend the money on something fibery, of course, and completely for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment