Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stumble on Brick Road


Ack!  There’s an error in one of my patterns!  The “Brick Road Afghan” has an error in the suggested knitting gauge.  On page 2, it says:

Gauge:  7 sts per inch in st st on size 10 needles.  In the brick 
slip stitch pattern,  I got 27 sts and 50 rows for a 7” by 7” square.

Whereas it should say:

Gauge:  3 ½  sts per inch in st st on size 10 needles.  In the brick 
slip stitch pattern, I got 27 sts and 50 rows for a 7” by 7” square.

Don’t you just hate that?!  I typically measure gauge over a 2-inch distance and I write that down.  But it’s so very easy to write it down as gauge per 1-inch distance.  My very bad.

Here’s a picture of the afghan:


I sell the pattern for $6.  If you are interested in a copy, you can contact me at:  atyler@centurytel.net

And if you’ve found other errors in my patterns, please please please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I am confused about the cast on of 165 stitches. You say the pattern is a multiple of 6 + 3 but there are 6 garter stitches on either side for the border and the pattern is also multiples of 6. I have cast on 165 and I have 3 extra stitches that don't fit in the pattern. Is this an error or am I missing something? I am doing the version on page 3 of the pattern using three different colors of yarn....light, medium and dark. thanks! Rachel Callies

    ReplyDelete