Wednesday, August 29, 2012

September Festivals: Wisconsin & South Dakota


I hit the road again next week.  First up is the WisconsinSheep & Wool Festival  in Jefferson, Wisconsin, September 7-9.  I always look forward to this event.  I’ll be teaching all three days.  That’s good – I like teaching, I really do!  And it’s bad – I can’t take advantage of all the cool activities that are part of this festival.  I wish I could watch the fleece judging.  I wish I could watch the crook & whistle stock dog trials.  I wish I could take Letty Klein’s rug braiding workshop or Kathy Krause’s class on llama & alpaca fiber preparation.  I really wish I could watch the “Cooking With the Chefs” event on Sunday afternoon; the Festival magazine lists Indian Spiced Lamb Ragout and Handmade Ravioli with Sheep Cheese as on the menu.  My mouth is watering….

I’ll be teaching Spinning with Locks (this class is full), Spinning Super Stretchy Wools, Plying Balanced Yarns, and Plying for Texture.  So much spinning fun, I can hardly stand it!

The following weekend, I’m flying to Sioux Falls, South Dakota.  I’ll be teaching at the North Country FiberFair  which is held in Watertown, SD, September 14-16.  This is a new event for me, but NCFF is celebrating its 20th year.  I’ll be teaching all three days, but I do hope to find some time to see the other activities associated with the Fair.  I certainly will be able to go to the banquet and fashion show on Saturday night.

My workshops there include Blending Colors at the Wheel, Spinning with Locks (full here too!), Variations on Long Draw, and Diversity of Wool.  I expect this trip to be quite wonderful.

With these two events essentially back-to-back, I’ve got a lot of preparation to do.  Let me get on with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment